19 Before 20
Last year I attempted to complete 18 things before I turned 19 and failed. I guess my main excuse was that I started rather late and didn’t have time to complete all the stuff I attempted to do. But this year is another year and I plan on completing this list! I promise! So without anymore excuses, here is my list of 19 things I aim to accomplish before my 20th birthday on September 18, 2013.
1. get married – this one may be the easiest to accomplish. 181 days to go to June 21st!
2. create my dream apartment – check out my series of boards on Pinterest to see what I shall attempt to do come June.
3. go on some girl dates – I recently read MWF Seeking Bff and am now inspired to make some awesome girl friends. Not that I don’t have any now but many are off at school or just at different stages of life.
4. host a grown up dinner party - oh how I cannot wait to have other couples over to our apartment for fancy dinner parties!
5. see an old movie in theaters – one of our local movie theaters plays old movies on Monday nights throughout the year but I have yet to see one of them. It really is dumb that I haven’t yet because black and white movies are my favorite.
6. really start writing a book – I feel called to write a book. What kind of book it shall be I do not know yet but I woul dlove to write a children’s book or a book about my testimony so we’ll see what happens, won’t we?
7. create a date night jar – there are so many fun ideas for these on Pinterest and it’s the cutest thing that Seth and I just have to make.
8. sell something on my Etsy shop – I started my Etsy shop a bit ago but haven’t sold anything yet. Poop. I think I need more than two products haha.
9. do better in school – I passed my first semester but let’s just say that I can do better.
10. learn to drive stick-shift – Seth has a manual car and it would be rather useful if I could drive it as well.
11. write down my favorite recipes – I hope to find the most adorable recipe cards and box to keep all my recipes in.
12. read at least two books a month – it’s absolutely horrible how much I haven’t read lately.
13. sew some clothing for myself – I have a wonderful sewing machine that I never use. I actually feel guilty for not using it enough also, sewing my own clothes will hopefully save Seth and I some money.
14. exercise more – ugh. exercise. Is it just me or does that sound like death?
15. watch childhood Disney movies - this morning I watched “The Great Mouse Detective” on Netflix and I have lots more to go!
16. learn how to save money grocery shopping – I’m in college, I work part time, I’m nineteen and I’m getting married this summer. Kind of need to do this.
17. practice my photography – like I’ve said before, I don’t want to be a pro but photography is my favorite hobby and I would like to become a better photographer.
18. finish a smash journal – I have a wedding planning smash journal as well as an inspiration smash journal that I put magazine articles in. Hopefully I complete both!
19. have photo books made – I want some beautiful photo books of our engagement photos, our wedding, and our adventures this coming summer so I can keep the memories forever.